Buyers looking to live in an Active Adult Community in El Dorado Hills have two choices – Four Seasons and Versante. Folks looking to buy in these +55 communities are attracted by the lifestyle and amenities and often will limit their home search to just these two locations. While the living may be easy, landing a home in one of these two communities is not. Competition for a limited number of homes made this one of hottest segments of the market in 2013.
A quick look at the market acceleration in 2013 confirms what we were all feeling at the time.
- 2013 Total Active Adult homes SOLD were 40 (Four Seasons 29 & Versante 11)
- 2012 Total Active Adult homes SOLD were 32 (Four Seasons 27 & Versante 5)
- This was a 25% increase in the number of Active Adult Sales year over year.
Now let’s take a look at the total number of single family homes SOLD in El Dorado Hills including Active Adult.
- 2013 Total Single Family homes SOLD in El Dorado Hills was 844
- 2012 Total Single Family homes SOLD in El Dorado Hills was 785
- This was an 8% increase in the number single family homes SOLD year over year.
To really understand the acceleration in this segment of the market you could look at the additional units SOLD this way.In 2013 there were 59 more homes SOLD than were SOLD in 2012.
The Active Adult communities accounted for 8 of the 59 homes or 14% of the increased SOLD units.
So why do I care? I have become quite interested in the affect that the baby boom generation will have as they head into retirement. I believe that we are unprepared in El Dorado Hills to welcome the number of seniors that will want to locate here.
What do you think?